- Paying your premiums has been made easy and convenient for you
EswatiniPost Insurance pays out your claims within 24 hours or a day after submitting all relevant documents. We understand your needs during unforeseen events like death and the need to give your loved ones a dignified send off and funeral.
Our Funeral Cover packages are designed to cover your biological parents, extended family members and in-laws over 60 years old. Do not delay, talk to us to have your entire family covered at the most affordable monthly premiums and up to E50, 000.00 pay out.
It is easy and Convinient to pay your premiums
EswatiniPost Insurance has added another way to keep up to date with your premiums. You can now pay using Momo on the number 78084000. The prompts will direct you on how to pay and how much to pay on your insurance policy.
Ensure your policy is paid up or up to date to ensure that should you always have a peace of mind knowing you and your loved ones are covered should the unforeseen happen.
|Family Funeral Benefit||E5 000.00||E10 000.00||E20 000.00||E30 000.00||E50 000.00|
Who can apply for EswatiniPost insurance?
Anyone above the age of 18 years but younger than 70 years can apply for the EswatiniPost Insurance cover options.
Your parents and parents in-law may not be older than 80 years old and your extended family members may not be older than 65 years old.
When does my funeral cover start?
Cover starts immediately after you have successfully completed the application process and you have paid your first premium. You can only claim for natural cause death if your policy has been active for six months. However, if death occurs due to an accident, you can claim immediately after your policy has been activated
How do I claim?
If someone covered on the policy passes away, you and/or your nominated beneficiary must go the nearest EswatiniPost branch to claim.
How long does it take for a claim to be paid?
All valid claims will be paid within 48 hours after all the required claim documents have been submitted to EswatiniPost.
The following documents must to be submitted during the claim process:
• Fully completed Claim Form
• Certified copy of the proof of identity of the deceased
• Certified copy of proof of identity of the beneficiary
• Police report (if death was due to an accident)
When will a claim not be valid?
A claim will not be valid when death occurs in the following instances:
1. Invasion or act of foreign enemy
2. Hostilities (whether war is declared or not)
3. Involvement in criminal activity
4. Suicide or self-inflicted injuries within the first 24 months following the commencement date.
5. The effects of radioactivity or nuclear explosion
6. Accidental Death as a result of riot, private flying, hazardous sports or any illegal acts where the deceased was directly involved.
7. Non-compliance to medical treatmentWe re-affirm our commitment to carry on processing death claims within (24hrs) or a day upon submission of all required documen