Mbabane: Laid-off workers will get E400 from the E25 million relief fund announced by the government.
The Ministry of Labour and Social Security on Saturday, dished out guidelines for disbursement of the E25 million relief fund announced by the Honorable Prime Minister Ambrose Mandvulo Dlamini on June 5.
The Labour Ministry said qualifying workers will be eligible to receive E400 for a period not exceeding two (2) months. Communications Officer Nompilo Mncina confirmed the statement explaining that the reason workers will only receive the relief fund only for two months is because the ministry only allowed employers to send their workers on lay-offs only for two months.
The guidelines includes the following to name but a few;
- This special purpose fund shall be to provide compensatory relief to employees who have suffered loss of earnings as a result of being temporarily laid off without pay at their places of employment due to COVID-19.
- The funds shall be distributed to qualifying workers through the National Disaster Management Agency (NDMA).
- A dedicated Management Committee composed of senior Government officials, Employers representatives and Workers’ representatives shall be appointed to amongst other duties:
- Supervise the whole administration of the fund’s designated account to be opened by NDMA for depositing and disbursing money to qualifying workers;
- Receive, screen and approve claims before payment is made by NDMA;
- Receive grants, donations or contributions from any other lawful source to supplement the Fund towards meeting the purpose for which it is create
- Give strategic direction on the control, management and disbursement of monies belonging to the special purpose account.
Employers will have to fill up claims forms with all details of their employees and the forms can be accessed from the government website.