Mbabane: Clearly, more Princes and Princesses dominated the new appointees by His Majesty King Mswati III into Emabandla (Governing Councils).
The Attorney General (AG) Sifiso Khumalo on Wednesday released a list of newly appointed members of Emabandla.
A press statement by the Attorney General states that: “It has pleased His Majesty the Ingwenyama of the Kingdom of Eswatini to appoint the under listed members of Loqoqo, Elections and Boundaries Commission, Boarder Restoration Committee, Land Management Board, Civil Service Commission and Citizenship Board with immediate effect.”
Out of the 19 appointed members of emabandla, about 8 of them are princes and princesses. Appointed to the Liqoqo as members are four Princes which include, Prince Matatazela, Prince Masuku, Prince Sbhimbhi Tandlatiyagezana, and Prince Mandlenkhosi Rowland Dlamini.
Price Mguqiso was appointed Chairman of the Land Management Board replacing the late Prince Phinda, while Prince Ngangabani and Princes Nkosinomenzi were appointed to the Civil Service Commission as members. Princess Msindviose was appointed to the Citizenship Board.
The appointed Emabandla will be adding to the currently existing Emabandla, some will be replacements of those who have been redeployed and those who died.
The Emabandla are composed of loyalists, members of the Royal Family and Chiefs (Tikhulu).
LIST OF APPOINTED MEMBERS
- HRH Prince Matatzela – Member
- Chief Prince Masuku – Member
- Prince Sibhimbi Tandlatiyagezana – Member
- Prince Mandlenkhosi Rowland Dlamini – Member
Elections Boundaries Commission
- Bishob Sipho City Bhembe – Member
Boarder Restoration Committee
- Chief Dambuza Lukhele – Member
Land Management Board
- HRH Prince Mguqiso – Chairman
Civil Service Commission
- Prince Ngangabani – Member
- Princess Nkosinomenzi – Member
- Chief Velamuva Maseko – Member
- Make Ntombi Mngomezulu – Member
- Ms Fikile V. Dlamini – Chairperson
- HRH princess Msindvose – Member
- Chief Ngangaza – Member
- Mr. Visi Thwala – Member
- Mr. Muzi A. Dlamini – Member
- Ms Lungile P. Nxumalo – Member
- Pastor Griffith Dlamini – Member
- Makhosi Simelane – ex officio member by virtue of his position as chief immigration officer