Mbabane: Eswatini has recorded two more new confirmed cases of Covid-19 bringing the total number to 14, issued Health Minister Lizzie Nkosi on Saturday, April 11. Also, two more recoveries have been confirmed and released for monitoring at homes.
“The 13th case is a 37 year-old male from the Manzini Region, who has no travel history but was in contact with a South African visitor. The 14th case is that of a 14 year old male from the Hhohho Region who also, has no travel history but was in contact with a Covid-19 positive case.
Both cases showed mild diseases and are currently being processed for admission.
The ministry also said the number of recoveries has risen to 7 patients who had tested negative and had been discharged.
In past statements the minister requested the public to cooperate with rapid response teams as they go about their duties finding contacts of positive cases.
She said preparations to conduct testing locally were progressing well.
“Test runs are being conducted at the National Reference Lab in Mbabane, which is now being designated as the Covid-19 testing facility and the lab will be testing at a range of 60-100 tests per day.
Eswatini is on a partial lockdown in a bid to halt the spread of Covid-19, an infectious disease caused by the new coronavirus. The disease causes respiratory illness with flu-like symptoms such as a dry cough, high fever, and in more severe cases, difficulty in breathing.
People can protect themselves by washing hands frequently, avoiding touching their faces, and avoiding close contact with (staying at least one meter away from) other people.
The virus was first recorded in Wuhan, China, in December 2019, and rapidly spread to other parts of the world. So far there are more than 1.7 million confirmed cases worldwide with more than 104,881deaths and over 390,107recoveries since the outbreak over the past three months.
Discussion about this post