Mbabane: Health Minister Lizzie Nkosi said that so far there were enough hospital beds in the country to accommodate COVID-19 patients and the Ministry of Health continues to prepare for additional beds.
Speaking to Independent News Reporter, Nkosi said at the moment government can provide enough beds, though the situation keeps on changing day to day. Nkosi said the Ministry of Health will however, provide an updated plan soon in regard to the situation.
The Minister added that they also continue to review quarantine issues and costs.
On another note, earlier on the Minister through the daily reports announced an additional of 45 new COVID-19 cases, bringing the total of infections to 1434. Nkosi said this results are coming from the 453 results received by the ministry of health.
Nkosi added that the number of recoveries has also increased to 695 as seven (7) new recoveries recorded on Tuesday.
The reports by the Minister, revealed that Manzini region has recorded 747 cases, followed by Hhohho region with 450 cases, Shiselweni and Lubombo regions have recorded 125 and 112 cases respectively.
In regard to the regional reports, Nkosi told this publication that there are strategies and on going work in all the regions to monitor the situations in the regions.