Mbabane: Minister of Health Lizzie Nkosi has announced that the death toll has increased to 18 as one more new death reported on Friday.
Nkosi said the deceased was a 58 year old male from Manzini region, he was admitted at one of the country’s hospitals in an unstable condition. He was treated as a COVID-19 suspect, he deteriorated rapidly and died before evacuation to Lubombo Referral Hospital.
Minister Nkosi further announced 44 new COVID-19 cases, taking the total of confirmed cases in Eswatini to 1257. This means that the number of active cases has increased to 562.
Nkosi said the number of recoveries has also increased to 633 as 24 recoveries were reported on this date.
Earlier on Nkosi said Manzini has continued to be the epicenter of the pandemic in the country as more than 55 percent of the total infections are from Manzini region. Nkosi said as a result the Ministry of health will commence the door to door campaign which will see intensifying testing and contact tracing in the region and later throughout the country.