Mbabane: Eswatini has a seen a significant increase in the number of COVID-19 recoveries as on Thursday Minister of Health Lizzy Nkosi announced an additional of 15 recoveries.
The total number of recoveries in Eswatini has increased to 112 while the total number of confirmed cases stands at 220. According to the Minister’s statement there are three (3) new confirmed cases on this date.
The number of recoveries has been observed almost every day for the past weeks with encouraging numbers. The Minister said though this is encouraging but it does not mean once one have negative results cannot be re-infected hence continues adherence to all health precautionary measures given by the ministry of health and World Health Organization is encouraged. Nkosi added that a research is still yet to clarify on the development of immunity after exposure, therefore adhering to the health advices remains important.
Manzini remains the epicenter of the pandemic in the country as all the new cases are from Manzini. The new cases include 34 and 21 year-old males and a 17 year-old female, all of them presented mild symptoms.
Meanwhile, earlier on Prime Minister Ambrose Mandvulo Dlamini said the recovery rate in Eswatini is amongst the leading rates in Africa. Dlamini revealed this during his tour at the COVID-19 Treatment Centre at Mavuso Trade Center. The facility is meant to house 140 asymptomatic or patients with mild symptoms of the disease. Dlamini said doctors and nurses are already on standby for patients to come in.
Dlamini lauded all health care workers for good work in the fight against COVID-19. He urged the nation to support the health workers in all possible ways. “They are our frontline solders” said Dlamini.