Mbabane: The deadly coronavirus is ceaselessly spreading in Eswatini.
This is demonstrated by the increasing number of confirmed cases in the kingdom. As of Saturday, the Minister of Health, Lizzy Nkosi announced four new confirmed COVID -19 cases of the fatal virus, taking the number to 163.
Nkosi said the ministry received 104 results, of which the aforesaid number tested positive and 100 were negative.
The breakdown of the newly confirmed cases is as follows:
Case # 160 is a 53-year-old male from Lubombo Region and is asymptomatic.
Case # 161 is a 40-year-old male from Hhohho Region and presented to be asymptomatic as well.
Case # 162 is a 37-year-old male from Manzini Region, he is also asymptomatic.
Case # 163 is a 37-year-old male from Lubombo Region and is asymptomatic.
Nkosi went on to say that 69 of the confirmed cases are admitted, 73 are under home care treatment, and there are 14 recovered cases who have been discharged from the hospital and the death toll still stands at two (2).
The minister said so far the curve is not flattening hence there is still a need to strengthen the practice of public health measures given by the ministry of health and World Health Organization (WHO) which includes social distancing, regular washing of hands with soap and running water, wearing of masks.
The ministry also emphasized that those waiting for results should always adhere to the isolation measure from others to prevent spread of the virus.